Check back, we should have the class posted soon!
The Mach 6 project is under way! The name of the group is “The Hypersonic Monkeys” (logo to come) any ideas email me….
As of our last meeting this is where the project stand…
Foss is putting a list of material needed to build a Large oven with a vacuum.
Sze is looking into the for seeable problems with the electronics on board.
Jason is trying to make up simulation in two different rocketry simulation software to come up with a sure thing design.
What is left and still need to get done
1) Create the large vacuum oven.
2) Get a estimated cost on material needed to build such a model rocket craft. (Jason will do this next)
3) Once we get out estimated total cost write up a proposal, to RocketryMaverics.com. Which is a NASA Base group that help with the promotions and help back up such projects. Any one who is good a writing can see Jason on this one….
4) Logo needs to be created, Jason can do the art work, Just need ideas to get it started.
5) Testing needs to be done with combusting of sustainer during flight. Meaning that rocket fuel burns at 1,000ish degrees (F). while the out side of the model is projected to see 2,000F to 2,100F, will the sustainer motor ignite or, explode during flight due to the external heat?
6) The seeable problems that (Sze) is trying to answer are, again the out side temp is pushing 2,000F to 2,100F what can we do to the electronics inside the model to stay sundered together during flight? coating them in ceramic and option? Jason Thinks not because some of them uses out side pressure to work.
7) In the Process on doing the simulations Jason has learned that he would need to get his L3 to fly such a model.
Is there any one interested in getting into the hobby? What about a rocketry class for public? Thought, question, Ideas, anything at all, email me, or come on over to makeitlabs.
…and yes Jason is Rocket Man….